Tom is a solicitor in our Construction team.
Tom joined Stephens Scown in 2017 after gaining a LLB Law Degree from the University of Exeter and undertaking his LPC at BPP University in Bristol. He qualified as a solicitor in 2019.
Tom has experience of dealing with a broad range of High Court and County Court litigation, adjudications, commercial negotiations and mediations. His recent experience includes:
- Assisting in a complex £5.6m High Court claim, acting for a supplier being sued by a large housing developer in relation to allegedly defective materials
- Advising homeowners and leaseholders with defects and fire safety issues in claims against developers etc
- Assisting in a wide range of adjudications involving various issues, including: defects, delay, final account issues and payment disputes
- Involved in a widely reported High Court application regarding the ability of a party to partially lift a stay on a judgment handed down in adjudication enforcement proceedings, in circumstances where the applicant had become insolvent
- Knowledge and experience of adjudication enforcement proceedings in the High Court
- Assisting in arbitration proceedings acting for a housing association in a multimillion pound defects claim against a developer
- Assisting in a High Court arbitration appeal, acting for a homeowner in relation to a complex defects claim against a developer.
In his spare time, Tom likes playing and coaching tennis, running, skiing, cooking and leading on summer Christian youth camps.