The intellectual property law and information technology team prides itself on its clear, concise advice. Our clients enjoy our flexible fees, proactive approach and trust us to distil complex legal issues into practical commercial advice that makes a real difference to their business in the UK and overseas.
The team is ranked in both Chambers and Legal 500, where we are noted as being “responsive, extremely knowledgeable, approachable” (2020). Regional, national and international clients ask us for advice on a broad range of IP and IT issues.
- Licensing arrangements with multiple online resellers
- Creation and enforcement of international portfolios of trade marks and design rights
- Drafting and advising on the master licence of technology for a semi-conductor manufacturer/reseller
- Advice on and creation of agile agreements
- Advising an embedded software specialist on their terms and conditions for high value projects
- Website compliance work, including End User Licence Agreement drafting for customer accessed cloud services
- Advice on cyber security
- Data protection audits, including for a national tourism marketing agency
- Advice and training for development of processes to ensure compliance with the changing legal landscape
- Advising on data retention and user issues for the public and private sector
Working with third parties
- Drafting terms and conditions for an advertising agency
- Advice on confidential and commercially sensitive information for a national manufacturer
- Drafting of equipment hire terms for a leading marine exploratory business