Working & studying in the UK

If you are not a British citizen, and are a national from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and you are planning to come to the United Kingdom to work or to study, then you should obtain specialist immigration advice.

There have been extensive changes to the immigration rules that apply to students under Tier 4 (student) of the UK’s points based system for migrants as well as Tier 1 (highly skilled migrants) and Tier 2 (for those migrants with a skilled job offer).  This means that both students and workers from outside of the EEA will have to meet the stricter criteria of the points based system.

We can assist you with your application. We also advise individuals about the type of visa that they will need, how and where to apply and how to apply to extend their stay in the United Kingdom for the purpose of continuing their studies or work in the UK.

We can also advise you about the other documents that you will need to submit with your application, about your rights to work whilst you are here as a student and whether you are entitled to come to the United Kingdom in order to attend a course to prepare you for study.

If your application has been refused, we can assist and advise you about submitting an appeal against the refusal and guide you through the complex procedure of an appeal.

Get in touch

Request a call back today

ExeterSt AustellTruro

By pressing send and providing your details you are agreeing to our Privacy Notice.

James Keliher


Sarah Atkinson


Alara Guven


Brittany Allen

Trainee solicitor

Simon Morris


Katie Allen


Bill Wilkins


Emma Ritchie


Peter Marshall


Sean Jenner


Ian Thomas

Senior Associate

Donna Black

Communications Executive

James Rickard


Charisse Crawford


Sophie Petrucci


Lucy Peters

Trainee Solicitor

Rebekah Officer

Trainee Solicitor

Robert Brightley


Catherine Lillie

New Homes Manager

Mark Roby

HR Advisor & Paralegal

01872 265100
Email Mark Roby
More Info

“Every stage was handled professionally and so very compassionately throughout. I was always made to feel calm and hopeful about the situation.”

Mrs C, Torquay

© Stephens Scown Solicitors LLP 2018.
Site by Creative Intent