Get in touch today 0345 450 5558



Whether you’re married or not, we can offer professional advice if you have concerns about the arrangements for your children following separation.

You might need expert help or advice relating to how often you or your former partner see the children, or which partner your children will live with. Whatever your concerns relate to, we make every effort to resolve matters by agreement in a proactive and constructive manner – such as through negotiation or mediation. If such approaches prove unproductive, we can apply experience and insight to guide you through the court processes and achieve the best outcome possible.

Helping with contact and residence issues that can affect the wider family

Our specialist lawyers are highly experienced in acting not only for parents, but also for other family members, including grandparents and children. We represent clients in resolving issues within their family (private children matters) or where a local authority is involved with a family and legal proceedings are necessary (public children matters).

Other considerations, and how we can help

We can also advise you on other matters that may arise, such as where your child should go to school, which country they will live in, whose surname they will have, or whether they should undergo a medical procedure.

Wide-ranging experience and influence

Our specialist Children Law team has extensive experience advising parents and other family members in relation to legal matters involving children. Several members of the team are members of the Law Society’s Children Panel, and are accredited Resolution Specialists in matters relating to children.

The Stephens Scown Family team is ranked independently as the best solicitors in the region for children and family law.

Request A Call Back Now

    By pressing send and providing your details you are agreeing to our Privacy Notice.

    Related Services


    Related Info Hubs

    Meet Our Lawyers View All Children Lawyers