Benitia is an associate in our Family team, she joined Stephens Scown in January 2022.
Benitia is experienced with divorce proceedings and the resolution of financial matters on the breakdown of marriage and civil partnerships, as well as private law disputes regarding children.
Benitia has advised on issues involving pensions, trusts, companies, pre-acquired assets, maintenance and child arrangement orders. Her clients include those who are employed, self-employed, business owners and those who are full-time parents including grandparents.
Benitia completed a Law Degree at University of Exeter (2:1), Master of Law from University of Law (Distinction) and qualified as a solicitor in September 2017.
Benitia is also a member of Resolution, an organisation of family law professionals committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes.
Benitia’s recent work includes:
- Successfully obtaining housing and spousal maintenance for a full-time parent of disabled children in contested Court proceedings
- Acting for a non-beneficiary spouse in agreeing a positive settlement outside of Court, accounting for the other spouse’s significant Trust interests
- Advising clients when their spouse is either unrepresented or refuses to engage in the divorce process
- Achieving supervised contact for a parent against the advice of Cafcass and wishes of the other parent
- Effectively applying for and defending Non-Molestation Orders and Occupation Orders.
Outside of work Benitia enjoys playing netball, baking and watching rugby.
- Alternatives to Court
- Business and Divorce
- Civil Partnership and Same Sex Marriage
- Claims Against Trusts
- Divorce and Separation
- Domestic Abuse
- Finances Following Divorce or Separation
- Fixed Fee Divorce
- High Net Worth Individuals
- Inherited and Pre-Marital Assets
- Interim Maintenance
- Variation of Maintenance Arrangements
- Family Law