Scott Mitchell is a partner in our Real Estate team and a member of the Rural Property sub-team.
Scott qualified as a solicitor in September 1995 after a prior brief career in banking (having successfully completed a 3 year graduate bank training programme and banking qualification). He previously gained a Geography degree from King’s College London; and subsequently joined Stephens Scown in September 1993.
Scott acts for a range of commercial property owners, landed estates and farmers and deals with:
- Sales and purchases of commercial and rural property
- Leases of commercial and rural property
- Farm sales and purchases
- Farming partnership matters
- Property aspects of commercial/business transactions
- Brownfield land
- Mineral rights
- Coastal/marine property
- Specialist aspects of third party securities (particularly requiring the provision of independent legal advice).
Scott is a member of:
- The Law Society
- The London Institute of Banking & Finance
- The Country Land & Business Association
- Agricultural Law Association.
Scott’s personal testimonials:
“Scott has been fantastic – as much an historian as legal adviser! It has been incredibly complex and will probably take another 2-3 years to finalise. However, it was crucial that we got our house in order and registered our rights.”
Charles Williams, Principal Trustee of the Caerhays and Burncoose Estates (in the context of the long-term project to register their mineral rights).
Outside of work Scott enjoys equestrian sports, cycling, boating and spending time with his family and their pet dog on the Cornish coast and in the countryside.