If you’re looking for solicitors that have specialist solar energy experience and a track record of working on over 2.5GW of solar projects to get them off the ground, through planning, funding and development and to successful completion (including disposal) then our energy team is here to help.
Working with developers, government agencies, councils, funders, foreign investors, landowners and community energy companies across the country the team has been at the cutting edge of solar energy. We support some of the most progressive and innovative projects in the UK from commercial solar farms to domestic and commercial rooftop installations.
Our clients benefit from a full range of services at Stephens Scown. Our energy team work collaboratively calling on legal experts across the firm including project finance, planning, construction, IP and dispute resolution.
Our solar expertise includes:
- Planning matters
- Project finance
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Real estate
- Corporate set up
- Construction and procurement
- Drafting bespoke documentation
- Power purchase agreements
- Due diligence
- Regulatory and practical challenges including negotiations and disputes with OFGEM
Our solar experience
- Wheal Jane – the South West’s first large scale 5 MW solar park and the first site in the UK to gain planning consent.
- Acting for NYSE listed company – acquisition including corporate set up, planning and grid advice, full due diligence, construction and procurement advice and disposal of 6 projects totalling 30MW of solar PV projects.
- Acting for Mongoose Energy – acquisition and funding of 35 MW solar PV projects, including corporate set up, full due diligence, funding, drafting a bespoke grid sharing agreement and adding storage to the existing projects. Also advising on disposal of all projects.
- East Sussex Council – acting for the developer on the installation of rooftop solar on 17 schools (including full due diligence, leases and power purchase agreements) and ultimate sale of the portfolio.
- Sandridge Solar Farm – a 50MW solar farm covering 188 acres where we acted for a consortium of farmers.
- Ernesettle Community Solar Limited – Community Energy project, advising on the funding and construction of a 4.1MW solar farm in Ernesettle, Plymouth.