Simon is partner in the Corporate team with over 21 years of experience, qualifying as a solicitor in 2000, providing corporate and company law advice to businesses.
Simon’s corporate experience includes providing advice on mergers and acquisitions, demergers, group reorganisations, joint ventures, equity investment, shareholders’ agreements, articles of association and general company law.
Simon regularly advises on debt funding transactions, acting for borrowers and lenders, including on project finance, property finance and construction finance.
Simon’s commercial experience includes advising on outsourcing agreements in the financial, logistics, health and IT sectors, advising on high value supply contracts, bespoke contractual joint ventures, agency as well as the supply of goods and services.
Simon focuses on a number of sectors including food and drink, leisure and tourism and energy.
His recent work includes advising:
- A purchaser on the establishment of a UK holding company and acquisition by it of an overseas group of companies involving a combined value of Euros 100 million
- A seller of a large steel fabrication company based in the South West
- A large hotel group on a £25 million refinancing
- A house builder of a £4 million construction finance
- On a reorganisation and sale of a £14 million holiday park in the South West
- A seller on the sale of 2 garden centres for £7.5 million based in the South West
- A reorganisation and debt finance of a tin manufacturing company
- In relation to the joint venture of medical PPE and industrial PPE manufacturers valued at £16 million
- The seller on a management buyout of a timber wholesaler
- The seller in relation to a management buyout of a construction company in Somerset
- The buyer in relation to the purchase of a 6.1MW rooftop solar farm
- The borrower in relation to the £11 million project finance and refinance of a ground mount solar farm
- The borrower in relation to the £5 million re-financing of a ground mount solar farm.
Simon has a BSc combined honours degree in Oceanography and Marine Biology from Southampton University, and gained a postgraduate diploma in law and a postgraduate diploma in legal practice from Exeter University. Simon also has a postgraduate diploma in the Mechanics of Project Finance gained from Middlesex University (in conjunction with the International Faculty of Finance).
Simon has previously worked for both Osborne Clarke LLP and DAC Beachcroft LLP, together with in house roles at Lloyds Bank plc and Wincanton plc.
Simon’s personal testimonials:
Legal 500 (2016) – Recommended Lawyer.
Simon enjoys cycling, running and sport climbing and spending time with his young family. In his spare time he enjoys watching rugby.
- Anaerobic Digestion
- Business Owners Disputes and Exit Strategies
- Commercial Contracts
- Community Energy
- Corporate and Commercial
- Energy Project Finance
- Food and Drink
- Holiday Parks
- Incorporations, Company Secretarial and Governance
- Investments and Funding
- Leisure and Tourism
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Residential Parks
- Shareholders and Partnerships
- Solar Energy
- Wind Energy