Laura is an associate working in the Dispute Resolution team in Exeter. Laura’s key areas of work are contractual disputes and commercial litigation.
Laura graduated from Durham University with a first class honours degree. She then attended the University of Law in Bristol and was awarded distinctions in both the Graduate Diploma of Law and the Legal Practice Course. Laura qualified as a solicitor in 2018.
Laura regularly advises individuals and companies on matters relating to breaches of contract, shareholder disputes, and enforcement action. She also has experience in the Healthcare and Energy sectors – successfully challenging decisions made by the CQC and Ofgem.
Laura has developed a specialism in defamation matters and advises both claimants and defendants in relation to reputational management.
Examples of her recent work include:
- Helping clients pursue or defend high value breach of contract claims
- Assisting on complex Partnership and Shareholder disputes
- Helping clients to obtain compensation for negligence on the part of their former solicitors and accountants
- Successfully challenging a decision made by Ofgem in respect of the Non- Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive Scheme
- Enforcement of foreign judgments in the legal jurisdiction of England and Wales
- Securing a retraction for a client in respect of a defamation matter
- Successfully challenging CQC reports and fines.
Laura’s personal testimonials:
“I had cause recently to engage Laura Britton and her team in an employment dispute and I am so glad that I did. The professionalism shown by Laura was second to none and I would highly recommend her to anyone who may have a dispute with an employer.”
John Neave (2021)
“Laura Britton provided a very professional and thorough service from start to finish, ensuring everything went to plan whilst achieving the targeted results we were both hoping for. I have nothing but praise for the conduct of the firm in general who deserve top class recognition for their services.”
Paul Fairhurst (2021)
“We were really impressed by how Laura Britton dealt with our dispute. She calmly analysed the problem, set out an effective course of action and then carried it out in a very professional and efficient manner. Based on our experience we thoroughly recommend Laura and the team.”
Paul K (2021)
Legal 500 (2021) – Laura excels in reputational management issues including defamation disputes. A source said: “I have recently worked with Laura Britton to resolve an issue – straight to the point – no dithering about.”
Legal 500 (2021) – “Richard Slater and Laura Britton have been head and shoulders above the previous firm we used, quite simply by being honest and not giving the paying clients false hopes or promises as to the outcome of our litigation. The case was won by their collation of the evidence and presentation of the facts.” Another source commented: “We have found Richard Slater and Laura Britton to be outstanding solicitors with in-depth knowledge of how to approach difficult cases.”
Legal 500 – “Helen Wallwork and Laura Britton helped support us through some serious concerns, keeping level headed and focused on the areas raised. They had a very good understanding of the regulations involved and the legal aspects.”
In her spare time Laura enjoys hiking and playing badminton. She is also a Bristol City fan.
- Business Owners Disputes and Exit Strategies
- Commercial Disputes
- Consumer Related Disputes
- Contract Disputes (Business)
- Contract Disputes (Personal)
- Dispute Resolution (Personal)
- Dispute Resolution (Business)
- Disputes Against Businesses
- Financial Services
- Financial Services and Insurance Disputes
- Partnership Disputes
- Professional Negligence (Business)
- Professional Negligence (Personal)