Jeremy Crook is a senior associate in the Commercial Dispute Resolution team.
Jeremy’s first degree is in photography. He then obtained a Graduate Diploma in Law and qualified as a Solicitor in 2010. Jeremy joined Stephens Scown in 2013 and has practiced in both employment and civil litigation. Jeremy now advises businesses, public bodies and individuals in relation to commercial disputes. He is also able to advise on disputes that straddle both civil litigation and employment law.
Jeremy has experience in advising on:
- Professional negligence
- Breach of contract
- Complex/high value debt matters
- Restraint of trade/breach of restrictive covenants
- Commercial fraud
- Partnership disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Product liability
- Consumer disputes
- Financial services disputes
- Judicial review
- Enforcement of Judgments and Employment Tribunal awards
- Property disputes including right of way, boundary and breach of covenant disputes
- Employment Tribunal claims, settlement agreements and exit negotiations.
Jeremy is a member of the Cornwall Law Society.
Recent highlights include:
- Acting for a large dairy in a claim relating to the supply of contaminated product from one of its suppliers
- Acting for a shareholder in a complex multi-million pound unfair prejudice claim
- Acting for a company in relation to a claim against an employee for a multi-million pound theft
- Advising an American company in relation to the exit of one its UK based founder shareholders
- Advising an American company in relation to a potential dispute with a UK based distributor.
Jeremy’s personal testimonials:
Legal 500 (2021) – The ‘tenacious’ Toby Claridge, Richard Slater and senior associate Jeremy Crook are particularly strong.
Outside of work Jeremy is a keen cyclist and also enjoys paddle boarding, snorkelling, coastal walks, camping, cooking and spending time with his family.