Jade is a solicitor in the Corporate and Commercial team advising owner managed businesses and SMEs on:
- Private company disposals, mergers and acquisitions
- Business succession
- Group restructurings
- Share schemes
Jade qualified in 2013 and has experience in advising business owners through the lifecycle of their business including start up, funding, share incentives, acquisitions and exit.
Jade is a key member of the Healthcare team and regularly advises clients on disposals and acquisitions of their care homes, dental practices and pharmacies often when the sellers are approaching retirement.
Her work includes:
- Acting on the sale of a care home which had to be sold in 3 weeks due to CQC restrictions and to ensure continuity of care for the residents
- Acting for the shareholders of a local marine business on their sale of the business to a Dubai based company
- Working alongside an accountant to structure a surgeon’s affairs in the most tax efficient way
- Project managing a deal, alongside accountants and an agent, to ensure the owner manager of a consultancy business could dispose of his business, to a French buyer, in the most tax efficient way
- Providing advice to a client on an EMI Option which had been offered to him as part of a proposed employment package
- Start-up business: Lead adviser in relation to a joint venture and distribution agreement with a Spanish manufacturer and an investment into the company by a UK investor.
Jade enjoys meeting people and is keen to meet for a coffee and chat things through.
Outside of work Jade is kept busy by her two young children and is regularly out and about with friends and family soaking up all the South West has to offer.