Jade is a senior associate in the Corporate and Commercial team advising owner managed businesses and SMEs on:
- Private company mergers and acquisitions;
- Business succession;
- Group restructurings; and
Jade qualified in 2013 and has experience in advising business owners through the lifecycle of their business including start up, funding, share incentives, acquisitions and exit.
Jade is a key member of the Healthcare team and regularly advises clients on disposals, acquisitions, re-structures and governance aspects of their care homes, supported living portfolios, homecare businesses, pharmacies and dental practices, often when the sellers are approaching retirement.
Her work includes:
- Acting on the sale of a care home which had to be sold in 3 weeks due to CQC restrictions and to ensure continuity of care for the residents
- Acting for the shareholders of a local marine business on their sale of the business to a Dubai based company
- Working alongside an accountant to structure a surgeon’s affairs in the most tax efficient way
- Project managing a deal, alongside accountants and an agent, to ensure the owner manager of a supported living and care home portfolio could sell to an experienced Buyer within the market
- Start-up business: Lead adviser in relation to a joint venture and distribution agreement with a Spanish manufacturer and an investment into the company by a UK investor.
- Assisting a GP/surgeon with a shareholders agreement and bespoke articles for a new venture he was pursuing to improve the functionality of existing software he was using in his surgery.
Jade enjoys meeting people and is keen to meet for a coffee and chat things through, Coffee #1 is the current favourite.
Jade’s personal testimonials:
“The Stephens Scown team recently represented the shareholders of a healthcare software business on its exit to an international strategic trade acquirer. In a sensitive and complex cross-border transaction the support was consistently high quality, in particular, David’s, Jade’s and the team’s focus on key commercial issues (rather then legal minutiae), speed of work and openness of communication allowed all parties to feel involved and have their views represented. This in turn enabled a smooth and fast completion of the deal, a positive outcome for the management team with an ideal acquirer, and a successful exit for the shareholders. I would happily recommend the Stephens Scown team and hope to work with them again in future.”
Tom Raymond, investor in healthcare software business, June 2023
“On receiving a buyer for our Care Home, we required a confidential solicitor to facilitate the sale. Not having any knowledge who to engage we approached our accountant who recommended Stephens Scown of Exeter. Jade was assigned to be our lead solicitor. During the complex process which could at times be stressful Jade remained calm, clear, approachable, and available throughout. We put our complete trust in her as she worked and negotiated to ensure our deal was successful and we achieved the best result.”
Gina Kerler-Lovegrove, Manor Lodge Care Home, January 2023
“Jade is top at what she does. Dealt with a sensitive and complex legal situation for me. She was professional and competent at all times and delivered a win-win result for us. Couldn’t recommend more highly!”
Daniel Frye, Grow Marketing, July 2022
“I must confess, on a scale of 1-10 the team at Stephen-Scown were an 11….. I was blown away with each departments level of professionalism, and especially Jade’s leadership skills and determination in bringing the deal to a successful close (she was the glue that held it all together).”
Burrow Down Support Services, June 2022
Outside of work Jade is kept busy by her two young children and is regularly out and about with friends and family soaking up all the South West has to offer.