Carrianne qualified as a solicitor in the Employment team at Stephens Scown in December 2018. During her training contract with the firm she worked in the Corporate, Real Estate and Employment departments.
Carrianne has always had an interest in employment law after studying it both in her law degree at Southampton University and on the legal practice course at University of Law – Birmingham. Where she was also awarded a masters in Law, Business and Management.
Whilst working in the employment team, Carrianne has assisted on:
- Advising employees and employers on settlement agreements and COT3s
- Employment Tribunal claims on behalf of employees and employers. Dealing with schedules of loss, statements, disclosure and Tribunal applications
- Compliance with TUPE regulations in business acquisitions
- Employment contract reviews and drafting
- Grievance, disciplinary and capability procedures for employees and employers.
Outside of work Carrianne keeps herself busy with catching up with friends and family, travelling and going to the gym.
- Contracts, Agreements, Pay and Benefits
- Contracts and Handbooks
- Disciplinary and Grievance Issues (Business)
- Disciplinary and Grievance Issues (Personal)
- Employee Dismissal and Settlement Agreements
- Employment Law
- Employment Tribunal Claims
- Restructuring and Redundancies
- Sickness Absence and Stress
- Sickness Absence Management
- Takeovers, Mergers and TUPE
- Unfair Treatment
- Workplace Disputes (Business)
- Workplace Disputes (Personal)