Carrianne qualified as a solicitor in the Employment team at Stephens Scown in December 2018; after completing her training contract with the firm. Carrianne was successfully promoted to associate in May 2023 showing her continued commitment to the firm and her practice area.
Carrianne is passionate about providing an exceptional client service to both her employee and employer clients. She enjoys representing clients in employment tribunal claims but also providing advice on day to day employment issues that both employees and employers face. Carrianne prides herself in providing pragmatic advice which is helpful, commercial and accessible.
Carrianne’s recent work includes:
- Representing both respondent and claimants in complex disability discrimination, whistleblowing and unfair dismissal claims in the Tribunal
- Securing settlements for employees seeking to exit a business
- Advising employers on both individual and collective consultation obligations during redundancy and restructuring exercises
- Drafting settlement agreements and new contracts of employment for employers
- Advising employees on the impact of restrictive covenants contained within their employment contracts and how this impacts their future job prospects
- Assisting employers in handling both grievance and disciplinary proceedings
- Advising employees on the terms of settlement agreements they have been provided by their employers.
- Undertaking complex grievance investigations for various clients in the private and charity sector.
Carrianne is also a member of the Employment Lawyers’ Association and has a keen interest in the firm’s Marine and Social Housing sector. Carrianne also volunteers for the Employment Tribunal Litigants in Person Support Scheme where she puts her skills, knowledge and experience to good use to help claimant’s who cannot afford legal representation.
Carrianne’s personal testimonials:
“Very conscientious, very helpful. It was very refreshing to have somebody that listens to me and gave me very good professional advice.”
Private Client, 2020
“Very friendly and helpful took the time to make sure I understood everything.”
Private Client, 2019
Outside of work Carrianne likes to spend her time with her young son, catching up with friends and family, travelling and exploring the county.
- Contracts, Agreements, Pay and Benefits
- Contracts and Handbooks
- Disciplinary and Grievance Issues (Business)
- Disciplinary and Grievance Issues (Personal)
- Employee Dismissal and Settlement Agreements
- Employment Law
- Employment Tribunal Claims
- Restructuring and Redundancies
- Sickness Absence and Stress
- Sickness Absence Management
- Takeovers, Mergers and TUPE
- Unfair Treatment
- Workplace Disputes (Business)
- Workplace Disputes (Personal)