Kirstin is a Solicitor in the Truro family team. She advises clients on a wide range of matters including:
- Disputes about with whom children should live and arrangements for their care after relationship breakdown
- Property disputes between unmarried couples and related financial provision for children
- Domestic Abuse and protective orders (injunctions)
- Divorce and related financial matters
She is a member of Resolution which promotes resolving disputes in a non-confrontational way. She is sensitive to the needs and views of clients whilst ensuring matters are dealt with skilfully and cost effectively.
Her work includes:
- Regularly working with mothers and fathers to achieve orders stating with whom the children will live and the time the children spend with the other parent
- Assisting and advising a mother on an application to change a child’s surname
- Helping a father successfully oppose the mother’s application to relocate nationally with their child and change the child’s school
- Successfully achieving an order for sale of a property and division of the sale proceeds for an unmarried woman in relation to the property she owned with her former partner
- Assisting and advising a wife in securing an order prohibiting her husband returning to the family home and attending their children’s school because of abusive behaviour
- Acting for a husband following his marital breakdown and assisting with the resolution of the consequent financial issues arising out of his divorce where the wife was failing to disclose all of her assets and income
In her spare time, Kirstin enjoys exploring coastal walks that the South West has to offer.