Kirstin is an associate in our Family team, specialising in divorce, financial provision for children and wealth protection.
She qualified in 2017 and advises on a wide range of financial issues including:
- Divorce and related financial matters including those involving pensions and businesses
- Financial provision for children for unmarried parents
- Wealth protection (pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements).
She is a member of Resolution which promotes resolving disputes in a non-confrontational way. She is sensitive to the needs and views of clients whilst ensuring matters are dealt with skilfully and cost effectively.
Her work includes:
- Regularly working with clients following their marital breakdown and assisting with the resolution of the consequent financial issues to include matters:
- where one party fails to disclose assets and income, to include assets in a foreign jurisdiction
- working with professionals and dealing with public sector pension schemes
- advising on cases involving various business vehicles (companies, partnerships and sole-traders)
- Advising unmarried parents on all areas of financial provision for children including:
- Capital claims (i.e. lump sum payments)
- Child maintenance
- Placing property in trust to meet housing needs of children
- Preparing and advising on pre-nuptial/post-nuptial agreements to preserve personal/inherited wealth and/or family businesses.
In her spare time, Kirstin enjoys exploring coastal walks that the South West has to offer.
- Alternatives to Court
- Business and Divorce
- Civil Partnership and Same Sex Marriage
- Claims Against Trusts
- Divorce and Separation
- Family Law
- Finances Following Divorce or Separation
- Finances for Children (Following Divorce or Separation)
- Finances for Children
- Fixed Fee Divorce
- High Net Worth Individuals
- Inherited and Pre-Marital Assets
- Interim Maintenance
- International Divorce
- Post Nuptial Agreements
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Variation of Maintenance Arrangements