Jade is a solicitor in our Corporate and Commercial team based in the Exeter office. Jade qualified in 2013 and specialises in advising business owners, start-ups, investors, individuals and companies on a number of issues including buying and selling businesses, corporate re-organisations, joint ventures, corporate governance, shareholders’ agreements and partnership arrangements. She is also experienced at drafting, negotiating and advising on a range of commercial contracts
Examples of Jade’s work includes:
- Manufacturing business: Assisting the sellers from start to completion, including leading the due diligence process and disclosure exercise and dealing with complex provisions regarding the extraction of assets.
- Multi-site car dealership: Assisting on the disposal of shares and business assets (to more than one buyer) including drafting heads of terms, disclosure letters, due diligence reports, share purchase agreements and ancillaries such as board minutes.
- Food manufacturing business: Advising on the re-structuring to allow for a new MD and FD to buy into the company and for others to have their shareholdings diluted.
- Start-up business: Lead adviser in relation to a joint venture and distribution agreement with a Spanish manufacturer and an investment into the company by a UK investor.
- Various commercial companies: Drafting commercial agreements such as software licences, service level, fee services, appointed representative, consultancy, uplift and introducer agreements.
Jade has a keen interest in a number of sectors, including food and drink, leisure and tourism and healthcare.
Outside of work Jade enjoys ballet, spending time with her family and enjoying the great outdoors.