Get in touch today 0345 450 5558

in Care

Children in Care

If a local authority feels that children are at risk of significant harm, it may seek place them in its care, or with other family members.

If you find yourself in this situation, you need advice at the earliest opportunity. As soon as you are told by the local authority that you have a formal meeting with them (often called a PLO meeting or Public Law Outline meeting) or that it is going to start court proceedings, you should obtain advice.

Understanding your rights in a complex legal framework

Such situations can be emotionally challenging and legally complicated, but our dedicated team of Children law specialists is on hand to explain things clearly and apply wide-ranging expertise to assist you in every way.

Sympathetic, friendly and approachable, our team has extensive experience representing family members grappling with issues relating to children in care, including mothers, fathers, adult siblings and grandparents.

Experience dealing with court-appointed guardians

We also have significant experience representing children in relation to instructions from their court-appointed guardian.

Proven expertise to put your mind at rest

The quality of our advice in family law has helped us achieve top ranking from Chambers and The Legal 500, the two leading independent legal guides. They rank us the best family law team in Devon and Cornwall, but we help people across the UK.

Several members of the team are members of the Law Society’s Children Panel, and are accredited Resolution specialists in children matters.

Do you know about CAFCASS?

CAFCASS is the Children and Family Court Advisory Support Service. They provide an excellent guide to further information on care proceedings. Find out more here.

Request A Call Back Now

    By pressing send and providing your details you are agreeing to our Privacy Notice.

    Related Services


    Related Info Hubs

    Meet Our Lawyers View All Children In Care Lawyers