Tamsin is a solicitor in the Family team.
After gaining a degree in Law from Cardiff University and completing the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law, Bristol, Tamsin joined Stephens Scown in 2020. Tamsin qualified into the Family team in February 2023.
Tamsin acts for spouses and civil partners and advises clients on a wide range of financial issues including:
- The divorce process.
- Financial settlements, including those involving pensions and business assets.
- Contested financial remedy proceedings.
- Supporting clients behind the scenes whilst they utilise alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation or arbitration.
- Child maintenance.
Her recent work includes:
- Working with a client to apply for interim maintenance from their spouse, to ensure that they can meet their everyday living costs before a financial settlement has been reached.
- Representing clients seeking pension sharing orders in respect of their spouse’s public sector pensions.
- Representing a client whose spouse failed to disclosure their assets and income, helping them receive full and frank disclosure to ensure a fair settlement.
Tamsin also specialises in disputes regarding where children should live or spend their time, following relationship breakdown (child arrangement orders) and specific issue orders.
Tamsin is also a member of Resolution, an organisation of family law professionals committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes.
In her spare time, Tamsin enjoys hosting dinner parties and is a member of a local netball team.