Sean is a senior associate in our Corporate team, specialising in insolvency, restructuring and corporate matters.
Sean originally qualified as a solicitor in Australia in 2010 via the Legal Profession Admissions Board in Sydney before doing his postgraduate certificate in legal practice at The Australian National University. He subsequently qualified to practise in England in September 2012 through the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test. He joined Stephens Scown in March 2017.
Sean has experience advising and acting for insolvency practitioners, business people, creditors and debtors on a range of matters relating to corporate and personal insolvencies, as well as advising directors and shareholders on corporate matters, particularly on lending and taking security. His clients come from across a broad range of industries.
Sean’s recent work includes:
- Acting for a liquidator on the successful recovery of funds from a director in a misfeasance claim
- £20m debt refinancing of a national hotel group
- Assisting a director facing potential disqualification proceedings
- Acting for bankruptcy trustee in successfully recovering after-acquired property
- £3m facility for acquisition and development of land
- Advising shareholder on a liquidator’s claims for unlawful distributions and transactions at undervalue.
Sean’s personal testimonials:
Chambers and Partners (2021) – Associate to watch – “Sean Jenner is meticulous and thorough.”
Legal 500 (2021) – Solicitor Sean Jenner advises insolvency practitioners, company directors, and individuals.
In his spare time Sean enjoys spending time with his family. Sean also enjoys cricket, rugby, golf and football, song writing and playing guitar.