Sarah is a partner specialising in the financial aspects of relationship breakdown. Sarah specialises in high value and complex financial work. This includes complicated pension issues, tax and valuation issues, claims against trusts, businesses and farms, inheritance issues and pre-acquired wealth. She also undertakes work where there are capacity issues.
Sarah attended the University of Exeter where she obtained a degree in law, and studied there for her Legal Practice Course gaining a distinction. She qualified as a solicitor in 2008.
Sarah’s recent work includes:
- Representing clients and their spouses where there are significant capacity issues involving the use of a litigation friend
- Advising a farming client on his divorce from his wife, and successfully arguing that there should be a significant departure from equality in the husband’s favour to enable the farm to be preserved for the husband
- Representing a client with multiple properties in the UK and overseas in preserving his assets following a short marriage
- Advising a spouse with a beneficial interest in a multi-million pound trust
- Obtaining a direction from the Court that a husband’s significant pre-marital pension should be subject to a single joint expert pensions report.
Sarah’s personal testimonials:
Legal 500 (2019) – “Exceptionally hard-working solicitor’ and “a rising star in the firm.”
Legal 500 (2018) – “Is a tremendously safe pair of hands, who is sympathetic to her clients but always gives them good advice.”
Outside of work, Sarah volunteers as a school governor, enjoys spending time with her family, as well as crafting and watching local sport (Plymouth Argyle).
- Alternatives to Court
- Business and Divorce
- Civil Partnership and Same Sex Marriage
- Claims Against Trusts
- Divorce and Separation
- Family Law
- Finances Following Divorce or Separation
- Finances for Children (Following Divorce or Separation)
- Finances for Children
- Fixed Fee Divorce
- High Net Worth Individuals
- Inherited and Pre-Marital Assets
- Interim Maintenance
- International Divorce
- Post Nuptial Agreements
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Variation of Maintenance Arrangements