Kai is a associate in the Family department, specialising primarily in divorce and financial matters, whilst also advising clients in relation to their child arrangements. Having previously worked in a leading family specialist firm, based in Hertfordshire, Kai has represented the full spectrum of clients, ranging from those with very modest assets to high net worth individuals with substantial wealth and complex issues.
After graduating with a Law degree from the University of Exeter, Kai completed the Legal Practice Course at BPP Law School, Cambridge, and subsequently qualified as a solicitor in 2016. He prioritises the individual needs of the client and considers the most appropriate strategy which should be implemented to achieve the client’s goals in an efficient and pragmatic manner. Kai is equally adept representing clients in circumstances where Court proceedings are not required in order to reach a resolution as well as those where Court proceedings are the most appropriate course of action.
His work includes:
- Representing military personnel on a regular basis, often assisting with the protection of significant pension assets
- Advising high net worth individuals regarding the division of their assets on the breakdown of their marriage, often involving assets held both within the jurisdiction and abroad
- Successfully representing clients seeking pension sharing orders in respect of their spouse’s public sector pensions
- Advising clients in relation to the variation and enforcement of spousal maintenance orders
- Representing parents and grandparents, obtaining orders regarding the child arrangements and addressing specific issues in dispute.
Kai’s personal testimonials:
“I find it difficult to adequately express my thanks to you for your most excellent service is resolving my divorce case. The outcome was, as you predicted, most satisfactory and achieved in a timeframe which I had previously despaired of. I found your friendly and most sage advice gave me immense comfort in what had previously been, prior to your involvement, a fraught and confrontational exchange between myself and my wife’s solicitors which I feared would have no end. I have been most grateful for the manner in which you kept me informed of the progress of my case and the way in which you were conducting it.”
Private Client, 2021
‘’I could not be happier with the service, advice and support offered by Kai, which resulted in a better than expected outcome. There was never difficulty getting in touch, and along with Kai’s professionalism and confidence, I felt reassured throughout.”
Private Client, 2020
Outside of work, Kai’s main passion is watching sports, with a particularly keen interest in Rugby Union.
- Alternatives to Court
- Business and Divorce
- Civil Partnership and Same Sex Marriage
- Claims Against Trusts
- Divorce and Separation
- Domestic Abuse
- Family Law
- Finances Following Divorce or Separation
- Fixed Fee Divorce
- High Net Worth Individuals
- Inherited and Pre-Marital Assets
- Interim Maintenance
- Variation of Maintenance Arrangements