Gavin started his professional career with a leading international law firm in the City of London. Following world class training, Gavin qualified in December 1994 and joined Stephens Scown in 2014. Gavin is a partner in our highly regarded corporate team.
Gavin undertakes a broad range of corporate work for individuals, families and corporates (including owner managed businesses and SMEs), advising on acquisitions and disposals, succession planning, restructurings and equity investment.
Gavin also supports specialist services within the wider Stephens Scown offering including:
In recent times, Gavin is proud to have advised on:
- National and international projects (including business sales to overseas interests and advising on nationally significant assets)
- Exploitation of new technologies (eg funding for a new aerospace facility and shareholder arrangements for a geothermal project)
- Reconfiguration of businesses for strategic purposes (demergers of businesses)
- Concluding deals where time is of the essence (saving a group of care homes and preserving a mining facility).
- On TRAC for Global Growth – TRAC Joins the PharmaLex Group
- Stephens Scown helps Cornish beer take off
- Cornish pasty firms combine to create major group
Gavin leads our specialist food and drink team in Cornwall.
Prior to studying law, Gavin obtained a BA (Hons) in French and Portuguese (which he still uses today).
Gavin continues to serve as an elected trustee of Chapel Street Methodist Church, Penzance. Gavin is a regular contributor to The Chancery Lane Project (creating practical contractual clauses to deliver climate solutions).
Gavin’s personal testimonials:
“From my initial enquiry through to completion Gavin made the whole sales process wherever possible ‘practically seamless’. I would thoroughly recommend Gavin and his team at Stephens Scown LLP.”
Seller of Cornish Premier Pasties Limited, December 2020
“I have complete trust in Gavin to get the job done”
Finance Director, St Austell Brewery, February 2020
Legal 500 (2016) – Recommended Lawyer.
Away from work Gavin enjoys being outdoors, fishing, swimming, rowing, camping, singing and rugby.