Supporting Employee Ownership
Being the first large law firm in the UK to become employee owned, and full members of the Employee Ownership Association, we understand first hand the intricacies of making a successful employee ownership transition. We draw on our experience and offer comprehensive support to other companies, from law firms to technology businesses, both locally and nationally, on their employee ownership projects.
Whether you have already started your journey, or are exploring employee ownership for your business, we support you throughout the process. The fixed price service delivered by our top ranked commercial team ensures employee ownership is embedded successfully; to ease your transition we provide training and guidance to your directors, trustees and key employees.
Is Employee Ownership right for your business?
The economic contribution of employee ownership in the UK is significant and growing, delivering a reported 4% of UK GDP annually. Employee owned businesses are thought to achieve higher productivity, greater levels of innovation and are more resilient to economic turbulence.
You might be considering employee ownership for one or more of the following reasons:
- A tax incentivised and reduced stress succession plan
- An opportunity for succession where the business is sound but there’s no obvious trade buyer
- Protecting and securing long term culture and values in the business
- Instilling purpose in the company – “we really are all in it together”
- Recognition for long term employee contributions
- Building a stronger and more resilient company for the future
- Maintaining independence of the business
- Income tax-free profit sharing for employees
- Start-ups – setting the ethos of a business from the beginning