Brian is a partner in our Dispute Resolution department, based in Truro.
Brian qualified as a solicitor in September 1999 after gaining a degree in Law (LLb). He worked at DLA Piper (with who he trained) until 2008 when he joined Stephens Scown.
Brian acts for PLCs, large private companies, SMEs and individuals in disputes mainly in relation to:
- Construction disputes (all matters relating to building projects and developments including adjudication, arbitration, standard form construction contract disputes (JCT etc)
- Professional negligence claims (including acting against solicitors, accountants, surveyors)
- Commercial claims (breach of contract, misrepresentation, product liability, financial services matters, banking issues).
Brian sits as a Deputy District Judge on the South Eastern Circuit. He is also a Governor at Truro School.
Brian’s personal testimonials:
Legal 500 – “ … a seasoned and highly experienced litigator.”
Outside of work Brian spends most of his time watching sport and occasionally participating (cycling and running).
- Commercial Disputes
- Construction Disputes
- Contract Disputes (Personal)
- Contract Disputes (Business)
- Disputes Against Businesses
- Dispute Resolution (Personal)
- Dispute Resolution (Business)
- Financial Services
- Financial Services and Insurance Disputes
- Mining and Minerals
- Professional Negligence (Personal)
- Professional Negligence (Business)
- Public Sector