Kate Westlake is a solicitor in our Real Estate department in Cornwall.
Kate qualified as a solicitor in November 2016 after gaining a 2.1 degree in LLB Law and a distinction in the Legal Practice Course from the University of the West of England. Kate trained with the firm and joined in 2013.
Kate acts for a range of real estate clients, including developers, landlords, social housing providers and owners of property portfolios. Typically, Kate deals with
- Site acquisitions including options, conditional contracts and development agreements
- Commercial leases acting for both landlords and tenants
- Complex refinancing of property
- Buying and selling commercial investment properties and assisting with property owner portfolios.
Examples of Kate’s more recent work include:
- Complex refinancing a store for a value of over £50 million
- Acquiring three retail properties from liquidators in short timescales
- Assisting a client with a sub-sale to acquire land with planning permission for mixed open market and affordable units for a value of £1.2 million
- Helping a property portfolio owner to acquire an investment property from a bank and then subsequently dealing with the grant of a lease to a tenant.
In her spare time Kate enjoys staying active and taking advantage of the coast. Kate particularly enjoys paddleboarding and running.