Get in touch today 0345 450 5558

Buying and Selling Your Home

Buying and Selling Your Home Top FAQs

  • You may submit an application for first registration providing an account of the events leading to such loss or destruction, together with a reconstruction of the title so far as possible. 

  • Your ownership of the land is recorded with the Land Registry, providing you with a state-backed registration.  The Land Registry hold an electronic up to date record of who owns the land.  
  • A restrictive covenant binds the property, and is an agreement not to do certain things with or on the property.  For example, a restrictive covenant may state that a business cannot be run from the property. 

  • An energy performance certificate is compiled by a qualified energy assessor and provides information on the energy efficiency of the property.  The Energy Performance of Buildings Directive states that a valid EPC must be made available to prospective buyers or tenants.