Tom is a solicitor in our Real Estate team and advises on a broad range of property transactions. As part of our specialist Rural Property team, Tom’s practice has a particular emphasis on work involving land and property in the countryside, including:
- Buying and selling agricultural land
- Sales of land to developers
- Acting for landowners entering into options and promotion agreements with developers
- Sales and purchases of rural residential and equine property
- Electronic Communications Code work (such as leases for mobile phone masts).
Tom joined Stephens Scown as a trainee in 2019 and qualified as a solicitor in 2021. Prior to joining the firm, Tom studied medieval history to doctoral level at Corpus Christi College, Oxford, and then achieved distinctions on both the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course.
Outside of work, Tom is a trustee of Tavistock Heritage Trust, a charity dedicate to conserving the town’s heritage and championing its place within the Cornwall & West Devon Mining Landscape UNESCO World Heritage Site.