Tim is a partner in our Commercial Property team. He qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive in 1996 after studying at University College Salford and joined Stephens Scown in July 2016. He advises on a wide range of commercial property matters with an emphasis on social housing. Tim also has extensive experience in relation to property and compulsory purchase matters arising from large infrastructure projects as well as advising charities on all aspects of dealing with charity land.
Before joining Stephens Scown, Tim spent four years with Cornwall Council where he headed up their Property and Highways team.
Recent examples of work are:
- Advising on the promotion of the A30 (Temple to Higher Carblake) Development Consent Order and the subsequent implementation of compulsory purchase powers
- Acting on the high value acquisition and charging of a quarry
- Advising a registered provider on a ground breaking joint venture with a for profit provider
- Advising on the sale of numerous development sites conditional on planning permission
- Acquiring development sites and affordable dwelling for registered providers including golden brick agreements
- Advising on the numerous linked property transactions, including a sale, a purchase and associated options required to facilitate a consolidated site for an academy school
- Advising on property and compensation matters arising from compulsory purchase
- Advising numerous charities and town and parish councils on their property transactions.
Tim is a member of the Charity Law Association and the Compulsory Purchase Association.
Outside of work Tim enjoys the great outdoors and touring in his camper van. He is also the District Explorer Scout Commissioner for the Truro Scout District and a Duke of Edinburgh assessor.