Catherine is a partner in the Corporate team advising business owners and SMEs on:
- Management buyouts
- Business succession
- Share sales and purchases
- Group restructurings
- Share schemes particularly EMI schemes
- Supply contracts.
Catherine has been working in corporate and commercial law since she qualified as a solicitor with the firm in 2008. Catherine has a degree in History from the University of Sheffield. She subsequently undertook the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at the University of the West of England.
Catherine became an associate in 2014, a senior associate in 2017 and a partner in 2021.
Catherine is particularly experienced in the areas of EMI share schemes, share sales and commercial agreements.
Her recent work includes:
- The management buyout of a quantity surveying business for £6.5million
- Acquisition of a waste management company
- Share sale of a food brand for £2.5million
- Share sale of a UK company with an overseas subsidiary for £2.7million
- Three EMI share scheme rounds for a management consultancy
- Two EMI share scheme rounds for a Devon based firm of architects
- EMI share schemes for several regional software companies.
Catherine is a charity trustee and is a member of the Charity Law Association.
Catherine’s personal testimonials:
Chambers and Partners (2019) – A market commentator says: “They are an excellent firm and I consider them to be the number one lawyers in Cornwall. They have a great breadth of knowledge and expertise.” Sources also report that “they are very client-focused and put the hours and travelling in to accommodate tight deadlines.”
Outside of work Catherine still has a keen interest in history and is a member of the National Trust regularly visiting properties in the local area with her twin boys. Catherine is a regular runner and can often be seen running around Exeter.