Rebecca is a trainee solicitor in the real estate team based in Exeter. Rebecca was a paralegal in our employment team before she was offered a training contract. As a member of the HRExpress team, she provides clients with advice on the full range of day to day HR and employment issues including sickness absence, recruitment and disciplinary procedures, as well as carrying out “health checks” and drafting contracts of employment and staff handbooks. She supports the Partners in the team on the due diligence exercises for corporate transactions and assists on employment tribunal matters by drafting claims, responses and witness statements, conducting disclosure exercises and supporting the ongoing management of the claim.
Rebecca has a law degree from the University of Reading (2014 2:1) and achieved a distinction in her LPC from the University of Law Bristol in 2017.
Recent work includes:
- Advising and supporting a business through an office relocation including looking at the factors to take into account when deciding between invoking mobility clauses and undertaking a redundancy consultation exercise
- Advising a client on a potential claim for disability discrimination and negotiating with their employer to agree a mutual termination package, saving our client the additional stress and expense of litigation
- Guiding a business through each step of a capability process where the employee had a disability and reasonable adjustments needed to be considered and particular care taken over any decisions regarding the employee’s future employment
- Drafting bespoke clauses for a contract and handbook for a charitable organisation to include express equality and diversity clauses and a car/driving clause and policy
- Representing the respondent to an unfair dismissal claim including handling case management, meeting with witnesses and drafting their statements and liaising with the claimant’s unqualified representative.
- Assisting with the representation of joint claimants in a tribunal claim for age discrimination, unfair dismissal and whistleblowing including drafting and lodging the claims, preparing disclosure and the hearing bundle and drafting applications to the tribunal and witness statements
In her spare time Rebecca likes travelling, swimming and cycling.