Peter is a family law partner based in our St Austell office.
Peter qualified in April 1990 and provides advice and court representation to people involved in difficult family disputes including care proceedings, private law proceedings, domestic violence injunction, divorce and financial settlements and all aspects arising from separation.
Examples of recent work:
- successfully representing a mother within care proceedings allowing her to retain the care of her child without any court orders being made against her
- representing a client who had been subject to domestic abuse and securing a non molestation injunction for her personal protection, an occupation order relating that she could remain safely within her home
- personal representation of a client at a two day contested trial securing an order that the children should reside with the client and determining the contact to be provided to the father.
- assisting a client to instigate and secure divorce including court proceedings to secure a beneficial financial settlement and contact proceedings to secure an order for appropriate contact for the children
- securing an emergency order to prevent the unlawful removal of the client’s children from the United Kingdom
- successfully representing a client to prevent the other party from removing the client’s children from the United Kingdom.
Peter is a member of the Law Society’s Children Panel, Resolution Specialist Accreditation Scheme, Accredited Specialist Private Law Children Proceedings Advocacy and domestic violence.
Outside of work Peter enjoys body-boarding, skiing, travelling, cricket and rugby (sadly now only watching).