Mike is a partner in our dispute resolution team and specialises in resolving property and land related disputes. He qualified as a solicitor in 2002 having obtained a law degree from the University of Reading and completed his Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, Chester.
Examples of his work include:
- advising a national waste management company in arbitration proceedings to resolve a loss of royalties claim arising from a lease of easement
- advising a waste management company in relation to a subsidence claim against a coal mining company
- advising a FTSE 250 client in a high value and complex contractual dispute against a utility company relating to losses suffered at a landfill site
- advising housing associations and other clients in claims relating to the reasonableness of service charges before the First Tier Tribunal
- successfully obtaining first registration of land on behalf of a holiday park on grounds of adverse possession
- claims relating the enforcement of restrictive covenants
- resolving disputes in relation to boundaries, rights of way and other property rights
Mike is a member of the Property Litigation Association, a Governor at Clyst Vale Community College and a Trustee of Exeter Round Table.
When he’s not at work, Michael enjoys running, cycling and walking. He is also a member of the firm’s choir the ‘The Rolling Scowns’.
Recommended Lawyer – Legal 500 2018 – “pragmatic and down-to-earth”. Legal 500 is an independent guide to the legal profession who recognises top lawyers