Lois is a solicitor in the construction team. Her experience spans contentious and non-contentious construction acting for developers, funders, contractors, sub-contractors and professional consultants.
Lois qualified as a solicitor in 2016. She trained in London and Dubai working in the global projects and construction team at Clyde & Co before joining Stephens Scown in 2020.
Examples of her recent work include:
- Acting for a large South West based developer putting in place construction contracts for a hotel refurbishment and residential apartment development involving multiple funders.
- Negotiating and putting in place a JCT 2016 standard building contract for a luxury penthouse refurbishment.
- Acting for a large UK developer in respect of the forward sale of a mixed use building.
- Reviewing construction contracts and reporting on the terms for a local authority client relating to its acquisition of a multi-unit retail centre.
- Advising a developer on its obligations to pay provisional sums under the terms of a JCT 2016 design and build contract.
- Negotiating terms of an EPC contract in relation to a solar power development.
- Acting for a claimant sub-contractor in an adjudication for sums payable by the contractor relating to its works at serviced offices.
Lois is a member of the Constructing Excellence Cornwall Hub.
Outside of work Lois enjoys surfing, swimming, yoga and coastal walks.