Hayley is a Legal Executive in the Truro family team. Hayley qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives in December 2005 and joined Stephens Scown in September 2001. Hayley advises clients on all aspects of family law including:
- Divorce proceedings following the breakdown of a
- Negotiating a financial settlement in the context of a
- Disputes about arrangements for the children after a relationship breakdown
She works with all the members of the team and conducts her work this is in line with the Resolution code of practice which promotes resolving family disputes in a constructive and non-confrontational way.
Her recent work includes:
- Working swiftly for a client who had managed to agree a sensible financial settlement with his wife to achieve a divorce and financial order formalising their terms within 2 months. This provided certainty for his financial future and was done with minimal legal
- Assisting a client with preparing their financial disclosure, although the client did not have access to their property and was unable to recall details of all of their assets. Working with the client to locate these assets and putting together their financial disclosure to move forward with the financial aspects of their
- Preparing and issuing an urgent application for a child arrangements order for a client who had had their contact stopped. The court application looked to reinstate their contact as soon as possible so that their relationship with their children would not be
In her spare time, Hayley enjoys cycling around Cornish trails and spending time with family and friends.