Tim is a senior associate within our Corporate and Commercial team. Tim has worked in the legal sector since 2007 and qualified as a solicitor in 2011 while working within a large unitary authority legal team. Tim joined Stephens Scown in 2015.
Tim advises on commercial matters, including commercial contracts, outsourcing, public procurement, and state aid.
Tim also advises on general corporate matters, including the incorporation and administration of corporate entities. He is involved in a range of corporate transactions.
Tim is particularly active within the general commercial, healthcare, public, and marine sectors.
Some recent examples of Tim’s work include:
- Advising a manufacturer in connection with international commercial agency arrangements
- Acting for a manufacturer of a large scale supply contract
- Acting on marine commercial matters including vessel acquisition
- Advising a provider on contract terms in respect of a large scale NHS outsourcing exercise
- Advice on the terms of medical professional- specific terms including Primary Care Network Agreements.
In 2014 Tim was awarded the Postgraduate Diploma in Local Government Law and Practice.
Tim’s personal testimonials:
Legal 500 (2024) – Rising Star
Legal 500 (2023) – Rising Star – “Tim Lane develops an understanding of client needs.”
Legal 500 (2022) – Rising Star – “Tim Lane is an expert in incorporations and the administration of corporate entities.”
Legal 500 (2021) – Rising Star.
Legal 500 (2020) – Rising Star.
Outside of the office, Tim enjoys surfing, motorcycling, and music.