Mike is a partner and specialises in property litigation. He qualified as a solicitor in 2002 and obtained a law degree from the University of Reading. He joined Stephens Scown in 2011.
Mike acts on a range of contentious property issues including commercial and residential landlord and tenant, utilities, development matters, restrictive covenants, easements and property related professional negligence.
Examples of his work include:
- Advising a waste management company in arbitration proceedings to resolve a loss of royalties claim arising from a lease of easement
- Advising on a subsidence claim against a coal mining company
- Advising a FTSE 250 client in a high value and complex contractual dispute against a utility company
- Claims relating the enforcement of restrictive covenants in the High Court, County Court and Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber), including injunctive relief
- Claims relating to easements, rights of way and other property rights
- Claims relating to the reasonableness of service charges before the First Tier Tribunal.
Mike is a member of the Property Litigation Association.
Mike’s personal testimonials:
Legal 500 (2021) – Michael Davies advises on rights of way and restrictive covenants. “My primary point of contact is Michael Davies. His advice is always relevant, to the point, and to be relied upon. He has always been available whenever I have needed to call upon him, invariably responding by return to my enquiries.”
Legal 500 (2020) – “Michael Davies who really knows his stuff and is a real pleasure to deal with.”
Legal 500 (2018) – “pragmatic and down-to-earth.”
Away from the office, Mike enjoys cycling and walking and is a keen runner.