David is a partner in the Corporate and Commercial team based in the Exeter office. He specialises in private company mergers and acquisitions, in particular advising owner managers planning and securing their exit by selling their company or planning their succession in the most tax efficient way.
David assists high-tech start-ups with EIS and VCT finance raisings, negotiating shareholder and investment agreements. He advises entrepreneurs and high net worth investors looking to invest in a tax efficient way in fast growing industries. He also assists business owners generally on corporate law and board matters from restructurings to employee incentive schemes.
Qualifying in 1990 he has over 30 years’ experience advising in the healthcare, hospitality, catering, brands, professional services, software and technology sectors.
David also has extensive experience working in an international environment having worked overseas for 7 years.
Examples of David’s recent work include:
- Sale of high performance outdoor clothing business Montane Limited to Inverleith Partners Limited
- Sale of Trinity Ten Limited to PTSG Group PLC
- Series of acquisition and equity investments for Arbor Ventures Limited
- Series of equity fund raisings for artificial intelligence platform Nozzle.ai Limited
- Series of equity fund raisings for luxury travel company Luxtripper Limited
- Sale of private hospital clinics Exeter Medical Limited to Ramsay Healthcare Limited
- Acquisition of care home business Westlands Care Limited
- Sale of Sterling Safety Systems Limited and Argus Security s.r.l to Halma plc
- Acquisition of and investment in cyber surveillance start up Omniscope Limited
- Restructuring and sale of Albert Abela Group
- Restructuring of Howard Garages (Weston) Limited
- Sale of UK Healthcare Group Limited
- Sale of Highbullen Hotel Limited.
David is also member of the Law Society, a Non-Executive Director of Devon Partnership NHS Trust, and fluent French speaker.
David’s personal testimonials:
Chambers and Partners (2021) – David Gebbie advises on all aspects of corporate work.
Chambers and Partners (2020) – “A solid lawyer who knows his stuff.”
Legal 500 (2020) – Leading Individual.