Dave is an associate in the Corporate team at Stephens Scown, he qualified as a solicitor in 2020.
His work sees him assisting clients with mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructures, company constitutions and shareholder agreements.
Recent work includes advising and assisting:
- An overseas trust on the acquisition of an EU group of companies for c. €100 million through its UK subsidiary
- The shareholders of a waste management company on the multi-million pound sale of their shares
- A British manufacturer on the reorganisation of its subsidiaries and share capital
- A renewable energy platform on its most recent round of equity investment
- The managers of an established South West SME on the management buyout of the company’s shares from the existing owners.
He is also a Trustee for Stephens Scown’s Employee Ownership Trust representing Scowners at meetings of the firm’s board.
Before joining Stephens Scown in 2018, Dave received a first-class law degree from the University of Law, for which he won the Ede and Ravenscroft Award for achieving the highest marked degree of all students across the University’s seven campuses. He then completed his MSc in Law, Business and Management, again with the University of Law, winning the award for the highest marked student on this course at the University’s Exeter campus.
In his spare time, Dave is a fan of professional wrestling, and regularly co-hosts a show on a local radio station.