Ben Wheeler is a partner in our Real Estate team in Truro. Ben qualified as a solicitor in January 2013.
Prior to training in law, Ben obtained a BSc (Hons) in Human Biology and a PhD in cellular Biology from the University of London.
Ben acts for developers, landowners and property investors in dealing with:
- Acquisition or disposal of land for residential or commercial development
- Disposals of developed land by freehold sales and grants of leases
- Acquisition or disposal of land with construction obligations (development agreements)
- Securing lending against property
- Commercial landlord and tenant work.
Recent work has included:
- Acting on development agreements for the sale of land with contracts to build houses with registered social landlords and local authorities
- Acquisition of a freehold hotel site to be redeveloped for mixed use and securing tenants for the building by agreements for lease
- Sale of a retail park for £8M including modification of restrictive covenants to permit further development.
In his spare time Ben enjoys performing music, playing squash and skiing.