Technology has changed business and our lives like never before. Its impact is felt across everything from mining operations and healthcare to booking holidays or a taxi. Whether are designing and creating that technology or need guidance in implementing and purchasing it. You’ll need legal advice from lawyers with the knowledge and experience to support your through the process.
“They are known not only for their legal expertise but also for an interest in and understanding of the underlying technology and its uses.”
Our team of technology law solicitors act for a range of clients from specialist IT providers and innovative scientific biotechnology pioneers to manufacturers of motor vehicle parts and developers of disruptive apps. And they aren’t just suited and booted behind their desks. They are out in the marketplace working with clients to understand the impacts and implications of their ideas, understanding the technology behind it and finding the commercial solutions.
We have advised many clients from concept through to funding and onto expansion into global markets.
“well regarded as engaging and clear speakers to communicate complex legal issues in an understandable way.”
Our multi-disciplinary team advise clients on:
- Technology acquisition, including M&A and joint venture
- Data protection, privacy and cyber security compliance and best practices
- Strategic IPR portfolio management
- OPM and turnkey development agreements
- Transfers and assignment of hardware, software and source code
- IP and IT disputes including patent and copyright infringement, adversarial licensing, and trade secrets disputes
- Telecommunications contracts
Our recent experience
- Advising communication company on roll-out of automated telephone handling system for the business, which operates call centres for the world’s largest consumer electronics manufacturer.
- Advising care sector software provider on copyright licence for bespoke code
- Advising large ICT service provider on customer terms and conditions and third party applications including AI, enhanced geofence tracing and blockchain.
- Employment law advise for innovative marine technology company, Reflex Marine