Everyone has to deal with death at some point and the last thing you want if you're coping with bereavement is confusion and red tape. Similarly most people want to ensure their affairs are in order before their death to spare loved ones a bureaucratic nightmare.
Our team are here to help you on:
- Estate administration – providing advice on all aspects of handling your estate or dealing with the administration for you as the executor
- Beneficiaries – offering advice on your entitlement or on the handling of the administration by the personal representatives
- Trusts - advising trustees on their accounting requirements and on the administration and winding up of a trust when a beneficiary dies
- Dying without a Will - advice to personal representatives on their responsibilities as well as their personal liabilities regarding the estate
- Inheritance Tax - reducing your tax burden with Deeds of Variation or Disclaimers
- Acting as executors - of a client's Will through the firm's partners
- Dealing with disputed Wills and estates
- Accounting service - including the preparation of estate accounts, lifetime income tax and administration taxation
Stephens Scown LLP has ‘strength in numbers’ and handles many matters for high-net-worth clients.
Independent legal guide
The Legal 500
As I promised in my Article of 19 October last year, this was to be the final Article in my series o...Read more
More and more business owners are protecting their assets for future generations by setting up a tru...Read more