Lucy is part of the firm’s HRExpress team, which sits within the wider Employment team. The HRExpress team provides day-to-day support and advice on Employment and HR matters for businesses. Lucy is currently studying for a Level 3 in HR Support.
As a member of the HRExpress team, Lucy assists with a wide range of employment queries. Her recent work includes:
- Reviewing and updating a client’s contracts of employment to ensure that they reflect changes brought in by the Good Work Plan in April 2020
- Advising on adjustments to be made to contracts in light of a business decision made during the Covid-19 pandemic not to have a physical office space but instead to have all employees working from home
- Providing guidance on how employers should manage the interaction between self-isolation, sick pay and working from home, in the context of Covid-19
- Supporting an employer’s redundancy consultation process
- Providing guidance around employment status issues, including exploring with a business the different categories of employment status and the implications of each, so that they would be fully informed of their obligations and risk areas
- Advising on disciplinary matters, including advising on the content of an outcome letter to ensure it addressed the allegations put to the employee and the use of informal stages and the pros and cons of doing so.
Lucy also assists on several contentious matters which are likely to become litigated or are already being litigated.
Recent contentious work includes:
- Assisting on a complex unfair dismissal and whistleblowing claim involving a senior engineer against their former employer, and preparing a lengthy and detailed Particulars of Claim
- Preparing witness statements and assisting on a case involving a bar manager who was removed from furlough without notice in a constructive unfair dismissal claim, which included issues surrounding employment status
- Assisting a former HGV driver with a settlement from his ex-employer, in relation to his unfair dismissal
- Assisting on a disability discrimination case involving a discriminatory dismissal of a person with autism
- Assisting on a multi-party case involving a large number of Claimants.
Outside of work, Lucy enjoys being outside, going on walks with her dog and water sport activities.
- Contracts, Agreements, Pay and Benefits
- Contracts and Handbooks
- Disciplinary and Grievance Issues (Business)
- Disciplinary and Grievance Issues (Personal)
- Employee Dismissal and Settlement Agreements
- Employment Law
- Employment Tribunal Claims
- Food and Drink
- Restructuring and Redundancies
- Sickness Absence and Stress
- Sickness Absence Management
- Unfair Treatment
- Workplace Disputes (Business)
- Workplace Disputes (Personal)