It is possible to rescue a failing business – trust us, we’ve helped to do it. The best thing you can do is act quickly and call Stephens Scown to help you identify the problems and how to fix them.
Some of the things we have recently advised businesses on include:
- buying property or assets of an insolvent business from a liquidator or administrator
- restructuring by working with lenders and creditors to save viable businesses
- what is liquidation, administration, receivership or a company voluntary arrangement? What do they mean for a business and how to gain the benefits and obtain the protection?
- advice to company directors and business owners about how to act in an insolvency situation to avoid claims being made against you
- Defence of Company Directors Disqualification Act proceedings, defence of claims brought by liquidators and administrators for breach of director’s duty, voidable preferences, transactions at undervalue, transactions defrauding creditors or breaches of the Companies Act.
Our expert team have also helped with the following:
- retention of title claims
- minimising the risk to you of somebody else’s insolvency
- being a creditor in somebody else’s insolvency, what to expect and what you can do
- advice about lending and taking security when insolvency might be pending over the borrower
- using bankruptcy or winding up petitions as a means to collect debts