Alternatives to Court
When going through relationship breakdown many people understandably worry about having to go to court. There are however other options available to you which we are able to offer such as mediation and a new approach called collaborative law.
What is Collaborative Law?
Collaborative law aims to resolve family disputes without going to court. It focuses on finding the best solutions for you and your partner through face to face meetings rather than emails or phone, free from the pressures of court date deadlines.
Each of you will be represented by a solicitor qualified in Collaborative law throughout the process who will sign an agreement that will not enable them to represent you should the process break down.
The benefits of the collaborative approach
- It lets you take control of your separation - without the fear of courtroom animosity
- You talk about the issues that are most relevant to you - the agenda is set by you
- The decisions are made by you - not a judge in a courtroom
- The timetable is driven by you - not set court dates
- The proceedings of collaborative law are confidential - they will not be aired in public
What is the cost?
As the process is often shorter the cost of collaborative law can be less costly - including the possible emotional cost to you and your children.
For more information on collaborative divorce visit our collaborative website at: http://www.collaborativelawexperts.co.uk/
When issuing a divorce petition in England it is necessary to consider habitual residence and domici...Read more